The Gold Standard of Advocacy
Family sitting at a table and eating dinner

How Long Can I Stay in the United States with My Family Member?

There are countless immigrants that wish to be with their families in the United States. There are a number of ways this can be accomplished, however, navigating the immigration system can be complicated and stressful. That’s why our experienced immigration team outlines your options below.

The Visa Waiver Program

The Visa Waiver Program allows citizens of participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business purposes for up to 90 days without the need to obtain a visa. Anyone that wishes to take advantage of this program must also have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization, a web-based system that determines eligibility to travel under the program. You can learn more about the participating countries here.

Family Visas

Obtaining a family visa is undoubtedly the best way to stay with your family in the United States long-term. These visas are available to numerous types of relatives including:

  • Spouses
  • Children
  • Parents
  • Fiancés
  • Siblings

These visas are given to foreign immigrants that have been sponsored by a family member in the U.S., and with proper documentation being of the utmost importance, enlisting the help of experienced legal guidance is always in your best interest.

How Yacub Law Offices Can Help

If you are looking to reunite with your family in the United States, the team at Yacub Law Offices can help you explore each of your options and come up with the right strategy for you.

To find out more about how we can help you, contact us today through our website or give us a call at (703) 552-5051 to schedule a consultation!