L-1 Visa Attorneys in Rockville, MD
Dedicated Legal Assistance for Business Immigration Transfers
L-1A and L-1B visas, also known as Intracompany Transferee Visas, authorize foreign workers to transfer to another branch or foreign office of their same company within the United States. With so many multinational companies scattered all over the world, our firm is committed to using our extensive knowledge of the law to help clients obtain the L-1 visas they need to move around to new locations their companies serve.
The professionals at Yacub Law Offices are here to assist with all of your L-1 visa application needs. Please give us a call at (703) 552-5051 to request a consultation with our legal team in Rockville.
Determining the Right L-1 Visa for Clients in Rockville
At Yacub Law Offices, we proudly use our more than 20 years of experience to help clients navigate complicated legal issues. Our team can draw up a clear road map with various legal strategies for pursuing the L-1 visa you need. Whether you should apply for the L-1A or L-1B visa depends on your role within the company and the reason for your transfer. The L-1A visa is reserved for intracompany transferees in either executive or manager roles, while the L-1B is reserved for workers with specialized knowledge or skill.
What Are the Requirements for L-1 Visas?
Before you can apply for an L-1 visa, you must meet several requirements:
- Intracompany Transferee: You must first establish that the company you will be working for in the United States is properly affiliated with your current employer. So if you plan to use a transferee visa, you need to be prepared to prove that you will be transferred to a proper parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate.
- Management-Level Role (L-1A) or Specialized Knowledge (L-1B): L-1A visa applicants must belong to the executive or higher management levels (not low-level manager) and their role must be integral to the company’s structure. L-1B visa applicants must have specialized knowledge of the organization.
L-1 Visa Application Process
The process for applying for an L-1 visa includes:
- Filing Form I-129 and DS-160 with the USCIS, including all the proper documentation proving the eligibility of you and your employer.
- If your petition is approved, you will be notified of the decision and required to apply for your visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
- If an interview is requested, you will need to schedule a personal interview with an immigration officer.
- After completing your interview, you will be issued your visa and will be able to start working in the U.S.
How Long is the Processing Time for L-1 Visas?
The processing time can vary depending on many factors, and can take up to a year. On average, L-1 visas take around 6 months to process. Premium processing may be available, which can shorten your time to just 15 days.
Can I Renew or Extend my L-1 Visa?
Yes. In order to renew or extend you L-1 visa, your employer will need to submit a new petition before your visa expires, along with the required documentation for your role. If your petition is approved, spouses and dependents of L-1 workers can also enjoy the same period of stay.
Request a Consultation with our Attorneys in Rockville
Although L-1 visas don’t have annual limitations, they are still quite difficult to obtain. This is why it is crucial to consult with reliable and reputable legal professionals to have your situation assessed. Yacub Law Offices, can take a look at your immigration case and determine whether or not the L-1 visa is the best possible solution for your move. We will handle all of the legal paperwork and do whatever we can to simplify the immigration process.
To speak to a lawyer, please call (703) 552-5051 today to schedule a consultation.
My experience with Yacub Law has been excellent. My attorney, Ilana Kramer, is giving our case all the time and attention that is needed to support a young and at risk client.- Yolanda
Yacub Law team, we just want to thank you all for your support and time.- Mohsin Ali & Ansa Shafique
They are a world-class operation. Not only is Ivan Yacub a nationally-recognized authority in immigration law, and a wise and creative mind in legal matters, but he is also backed by an outstanding team of support professionals.- Gladys Giugale
He knows what he can do and will do it. I owe him my life.- Javad Ghandi
Very professional, and the staff is extremely outstanding. Thank you for all the help.- Ryesaps-Rous