Rockville Removal Defense Attorneys
Handling Deportation Cases in the DC Metro Area & Nationwide
There is no more stressful situation for an immigrant than facing removal from the United States. Removal proceedings, more commonly known as “deportation,” means an immigrant will be forced to part from his or her family and business to be sent back to their country of origin. It may then be impossible to return to the U.S., the country he or she called home.
Yacub Law Offices is here to help. Our Rockville removal defense lawyers provide transparent communication and a clear road map for presenting your case. Call (703) 552-5051 to discuss your situation.
Common Reasons for Deportation
Immigration authorities can initiate deportation proceedings to send a person back to their home country for a variety of reasons:
- Criminal convictions, such as violent crimes, domestic violence, drug offenses, firearm violations, and other deportable crimes
- Overstaying your visa, such as staying longer than your tourist visa allows
- Immigration fraud, which can include using fraudulent documents to obtain a green card or engaging in marriage fraud
- Entering the US illegally
- Failure to notify USCIS of an address change
Regardless of the reason, it is important to have an attorney on your side who can help you fight your deportation proceedings.
Your Legal Options When Facing Removal Proceedings
Fortunately, the immigration laws of the United States do allow for certain actions to be taken when removal proceedings are imminent.
Immigrants facing deportation or removal can apply for the following:
- Asylum for refugees and those facing danger in their home country
- Cancellation of removal for permanent or nonpermanent residents to apply for an adjustment of status to being lawfully admitted, if specific conditions are met
- Waivers from deportation, such as 212(i) waivers, 212(c) waivers, or I-601 and I-601A waivers
Each of these options have specific conditions and may not apply to all immigrants facing removal. At Yacub Law Offices, our deportation defense attorneys in Rockville will help you explore your legal options and provide you with a detailed strategy on how to proceed with your specific case. When you retain the services of our firm, you can rest assured you will be working with a lawyer who has been on the forefront of litigating these complex and stressful issues for decades. Our firm is recognized for our diligent work in crimigration cases.
My experience with Yacub Law has been excellent. My attorney, Ilana Kramer, is giving our case all the time and attention that is needed to support a young and at risk client.- Yolanda
Yacub Law team, we just want to thank you all for your support and time.- Mohsin Ali & Ansa Shafique
They are a world-class operation. Not only is Ivan Yacub a nationally-recognized authority in immigration law, and a wise and creative mind in legal matters, but he is also backed by an outstanding team of support professionals.- Gladys Giugale
He knows what he can do and will do it. I owe him my life.- Javad Ghandi
Very professional, and the staff is extremely outstanding. Thank you for all the help.- Ryesaps-Rous