Perm Labor Certification Attorney in Woodbridge
Employer-Sponsored Permanent Residence
If you are hoping to become a permanent resident of the United States, you will likely need to obtain a green card. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done.
A green card is arguably the most sought after document for individuals and families hoping to reside in the United States permanently. And, because the United States has such stringent immigration laws, the qualifications for these documents can be difficult to meet, making permanent resident status hard to come by. That said, our experienced attorneys at Yacub Law Offices have worked for more than 20 years to help our our clients obtain permanent residency through an employer. Whether you’re hoping to move for family, your job, or education, we want to help you obtain the documents you need to start living out the American Dream.
Call (703) 552-5051 today to discuss your green card case with our Woodbridge permanent resident lawyers. Each of our team members speaks Spanish for your convenience!
How Do I Obtain a Green Card Through Employment Immigration?
Employers can petition foreign workers to obtain a green card on their behalf by going through the PERM labor certification process and petitioning for permanent residency. An employer might petition for a green card after transferring a worker to a foreign branch, or recruit a worker to move to the U.S. with a specialized trade.
Process to Obtain Permanent Residency from an Employer
- The U.S. employer performs recruitment efforts to evaluate whether there are eligible workers in the U.S. market first before looking abroad. This includes advertising the position and reviewing resumes. All efforts must be documented.
- The U.S. employer submits a Labor Certification application.
- The Department of labor will review the application and verify whether the role can be fulfilled by a U.S. worker and not affect the domestic job market's wages and working conditions.
- If the Labor Certification is approved, the employer files an immigrant visa petition with the USCIS.
- The foreign worker must apply for an adjustment of status or consular processing, which turns their immigration status to a permanent resident.
Let Yacub Law Offices Help You
Are you ready to get started? Our firm can listen to your story, assess your situation, and create a specialized legal strategy to pursue your immigration goals. Whether you’re already in the United States on a visa and are hoping to make it permanent, or you’re are interested in relocating to the States, we can help.
Since opening our doors in 1987, our Woodbridge attorneys have been committed to the well being of our clients, and we want to use our experience to help you establish roots and settle into your new home.
Call (703) 552-5051 today to discuss your green card case with our Woodbridge attorneys. We speak Spanish!
My experience with Yacub Law has been excellent. My attorney, Ilana Kramer, is giving our case all the time and attention that is needed to support a young and at risk client.- Yolanda
Yacub Law team, we just want to thank you all for your support and time.- Mohsin Ali & Ansa Shafique
They are a world-class operation. Not only is Ivan Yacub a nationally-recognized authority in immigration law, and a wise and creative mind in legal matters, but he is also backed by an outstanding team of support professionals.- Gladys Giugale
He knows what he can do and will do it. I owe him my life.- Javad Ghandi
Very professional, and the staff is extremely outstanding. Thank you for all the help.- Ryesaps-Rous