L-1 Visa Attorney in Woodbridge, VA
Dedicated Attorneys Helping with Business Immigration Transfers
Also called an Intracompany Transferee Visa, the L-1A or L-1B visas allow foreign workers to transfer to another branch or foreign office of their same company within the United States. Multinational companies may have companies scattered across the globe, and if you are needed within the United States, our firm can help you obtain the L-1 visa to make your move possible.
Choose Yacub Law Offices
At Yacub Law Offices, we understand how stressful and confusing the employment immigration process can be. Obtaining an L-1 visa, or any other type of visa, can be tricky and time-consuming, and if you do not work with a seasoned immigration law professional, you stand to lose your opportunity to transfer to the United States. Our attorneys have more than 20 years of legal experience working for individuals and families hoping to immigrate to the United States, and we want to put our knowledge to work for your case, too.
Let our firm help with your L-1 visa application. Call (703) 552-5051 today to speak with our Woodbridge team. Hablamos español.
Differences Between the L-1A vs. L-1B Visa
Our firm can work with you to determine which L-1 visa is best for your situation. Depending on your role within your company, and the reason for your transfer, you may apply for either the L-1A or L-1B.
- The L-1A visa is for intracompany transferees in either the executive or manager role
- The L-1B applies to workers with specialized knowledge or skill.
The qualifications and length of stay can vary between the two different visas. Our attorneys can walk you through the right option for you and explain all the terms of each visa.
L-1 Visa Requirements & Eligibility
To qualify for the L-1A visa:
- You must first establish that company you’d work for in the United States is properly affiliated with your current employer, either in the parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate.
- You must also prove that you are not low-level management. The applicant must be on the executive or higher management level in such a way that is integral to the company structure.
- You must also have been working for your organization abroad for 1 year within the last 3 years prior to applying for your visa.
To qualify for the L-1B visa:
- You must be working for an employer with a qualifying relationship to the company in the US, such as a parent company, subsidiary, branch, or another affiliate.
- You must have worked at a qualifying organization abroad for at least 1 year prior to seeking your visa, within the last 3 years.
- You must have specialized knowledge and will be applying this specialized service for the organization, either in research, techniques, product, management, processes, procedures, etc.
Benefits of the L-1 Visa
Recipients of the L-1 visa can enjoy several benefits:
- Spouses and dependents of the visa holder may be eligible for an L-2 visa, allowing them to come to the United States and work during their stay.
- There are no annual limits for this visa, unlike the yearly caps for H-1B visas.
- L-1 visas are renewable
- A degree is not required to qualify, unlike other visas that require educational degrees
What's Next? Contact Our Firm Today!
While there are no annual limitations for L-1 visas, these can still be challenging to obtain. By working with our firm, you can rest assured our attorneys will assess your immigration case and determine whether or not the L-1 visa is the best possible solution for your move. If you are making a work transfer that requires your entrance to the United States, we can work closely with you through each step of the process-- from filling out the proper paperwork to applying for an extension or permanent residency. Whatever your situation, we’re here to help make the immigration process as simple and efficient as possible.
Call (703) 552-5051 today to discuss your immigration needs with our Woodbridge L-1 visa attorneys at Yacub Law Offices. We’re here when you need us most.
My experience with Yacub Law has been excellent. My attorney, Ilana Kramer, is giving our case all the time and attention that is needed to support a young and at risk client.- Yolanda
Yacub Law team, we just want to thank you all for your support and time.- Mohsin Ali & Ansa Shafique
They are a world-class operation. Not only is Ivan Yacub a nationally-recognized authority in immigration law, and a wise and creative mind in legal matters, but he is also backed by an outstanding team of support professionals.- Gladys Giugale
He knows what he can do and will do it. I owe him my life.- Javad Ghandi
Very professional, and the staff is extremely outstanding. Thank you for all the help.- Ryesaps-Rous