Woodbridge Deportation Attorneys
20+ Years of Experience in Complex Immigration Cases
If you are facing deportation from the United States, you need to take immediate action to protect your rights and future. An experienced immigration lawyer at our firm can assess your current situation and determine the best possible course of action by defending your current status, or obtaining a temporary or permanent visa. Whatever your concerns, our team at Yacub Law Offices can walk you through each step of the process. We’re here for you when it matters most.
Why Yacub Law Offices?
Since 1987, we at Yacub Law Offices have fought tirelessly for the rights of our clients. We know the immigration laws and requirements can be strenuous, and dealing with the legalities in a high-stress situation can be next to impossible, especially when your family unit is in jeopardy. For that reason, we are committed to using our legal experience and knowledge to help you fight deportation and keep your family together. We have more than 20 years of experience dealing with a variety of immigration issues, and we can help you file the appropriate petitions to pursue legal residency within the United States.
Deportation & Removal Process Overview
- Notice to Appear: The first step in the deportation process is the Notice to Appear (NTA), which notifies you that proceedings are beginning and the reason for your deportation.
- Detainment: Immigration officials may detain you in a detention center while proceedings are underway. Depending on the severity of your situation, you may be able to request to be released on bond until your hearing.
- Hearings: There will be a series of hearings before a federal immigration judge in which you and your attorney can present a defense against deportation.
- Decision: After the hearings, the judge will issue a decision for your removal order, or allow you relief from deportation.
- Appeals: You have the right to appeal a decision in the event that the judge does not rule in your favor.
- Deportation: If your defenses and appeal are unsuccessful, you will be deported directly back to your home country.
How To Fight Deportation: Can an Attorney Stop Deportation?
After the immediate threat of deportation, you’ll be asked to appear before an immigration judge at a removal hearing. At this hearing, you can present your case with the help of an experienced immigration attorney. Our firm is well-versed in proper protocol for these proceedings, and we can use our experience to help you fight the threat of deportation.
If necessary, our firm can also help you present your case documents to the Board of Immigration Appeals.
We can use a variety of strategies to defend your place in the United States, including, but not limited to:
- Adjustment of Status in Immigration Court
- Cancellation of Removal for Permanent Residents
- CAT Protection (Convention Against Torture)
- Non-Legal Permanent Residents Cancellation of Removal
- Waivers for Removal
Can You Come Back Once You Have Been Deported?
It's uncertain if when you will be able to get back into the US after you have been deported. Most people who have been deported carry a ten-year ban, but the exact amount of time varies depending on the circumstances. If you have been convicted of an aggravated felony, that time could be never. On the other hand, if you just missed an immigration court proceeding, that time could be five years.
Our Attorneys Are Here To Help
Are you being threatened with deportation? Was someone you love deported recently? Whatever your situation, our firm has heard it all before. We understand how heart-wrenching and frightening these situations are, and we want to help make it right. If you decide to work with our firm, one of our qualified attorneys can assess your situation and create a plan to fight for your place within the United States. Deportation has become an ever-looming threat in our society, and we want to do all we can to help preserve your family’s place within the United States.
Call Yacub Law Offices today at (703) 552-5051 to schedule a consultation with our experienced Woodbridge deportation attorneys.
My experience with Yacub Law has been excellent. My attorney, Ilana Kramer, is giving our case all the time and attention that is needed to support a young and at risk client.- Yolanda
Yacub Law team, we just want to thank you all for your support and time.- Mohsin Ali & Ansa Shafique
They are a world-class operation. Not only is Ivan Yacub a nationally-recognized authority in immigration law, and a wise and creative mind in legal matters, but he is also backed by an outstanding team of support professionals.- Gladys Giugale
He knows what he can do and will do it. I owe him my life.- Javad Ghandi
Very professional, and the staff is extremely outstanding. Thank you for all the help.- Ryesaps-Rous